Senior Product Manager
Computer Lunch is an independent mobile game studio dedicated to bringing interesting topics to life through intuitive controls, fun gameplay, and striking graphics. Our flagship title, Cell to Singularity, is an incremental clicker about the evolution of life, culture, and technology. The game has over 10 million downloads across platforms, and was a 2020 Google Players’ Choice award finalist.
We are looking for a full time SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER with at least 5 years of experience as a product manager on a successful freemium mobile game and a proven track record of improving player retention and monetization. This role is based in New York City, and will report to the CEO.
We are a small studio, so this role will require hands-on involvement in writing specs, using project management tools, and working closely with (and providing guidance to) the studio’s game designers, producers, engineers, and marketers.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for incremental games, gets excited about optimizing features towards business goals, and loves figuring out the best ways to please a devoted fanbase. Familiarity with free-to-play idle games, including the systems that power those games, is a strong plus.
- Create a high-level product strategy based on a deep understanding of the game’s economy and long-term strategy
- Define and help implement features that will grow the game’s revenue, retention, and reach
- Develop an understanding of the game’s audience and their desires to help inform development of features that would increase user engagement and retention
- Stay abreast of features in the game’s competitive set
- Analyze data and utilize best practices to ensure optimal decisions are made in-game
- Prepare and present regular updates on the game’s performance
- Manage the delivery of product features
- You enjoy freemium idle clicker games, and have no problems playing them many times to gain a comprehensive understanding of their mechanics and gameplay
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager on a successful mobile game and/or a minimum of 2 years of experience working on a successful idle game
- Great instincts for user experience, with the ability to articulate to others what makes a game compelling and memorable
- Analytical thinker with experience in analyzing data using dashboards and tools to create actionable insights and hypotheses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Authorization to work in the United States
NICE TO HAVE:
- Can graphically create wire-frames and give interface direction to UI team
- Familiarity or experience developing in Unity a plus
Computer Lunch is an award-winning independent gaming studio located in iconic Dumbo, Brooklyn. We are a friendly and collaborative team, and welcome qualified candidates of any race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious belief.
We are a small team, and thank you in advance for your patience while we review your application.
PLEASE SEND ALL RESUMES, COVER LETTERS, AND ADDITIONAL MATERIALS (IF REQUIRED) TO LUNCH@COMPUTERLUNCH.COM WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “PRODUCT MANAGER APPLICATION”.